As an “on-premises” ERP, Dynamics NAV lets business owners choose the model that fits their company, and while Dynamics 365 Business Central is similar in nature, it is subscription-based and can be up and running very quickly – within minutes or, at the most, hours. Indeed, it’s a question we hear routinely from clients and prospective clients: What is the best route to take for our company, Dynamics 365 Business Central or Dynamics NAV?
As Microsoft’s modern ERP solution for medium-sized businesses, Dynamics 365 Business Central was first known under the working title of Dynamics 365 Tenerife, and since it contains almost the same functionality we have come to expect from Dynamics NAV, many in the IT sector call it a “new solution for NAV in the cloud.”
The Benefits of Using Dynamics 365 Business Central in Your Company
Okay, so what you should have taken from this blog thus far is that with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, you get the same standard functionality as you would with Dynamics NAV – both solutions, in fact, are rich in standard functionality and offer direct integration into such platforms as D365 Sales (Microsoft CRM), Office 365, Power BI and more.
As an “all-in-one business solution” that helps you streamline business processes in your company, Business Central can also enhance your customer interactions and create both development and growth. The application brings the following three business benefits to your operations:
- No Silos – The close integration between business applications in Dynamics 365 Business Central ensures a business without “data silos,” wherein updated data can be shared and people can work smarter and more efficiently.
- Built for Development – Dynamics 365 Business Central is a flexible business platform that can be scaled to suit and meet your business needs in response to size and complexity.
- Business Insight – The aforementioned integration with Power BI and the ability to utilize the Azure intelligence tools (Cortana, for example, to make forecasts) provide increased insight into your company and business.
The Benefits Associated with Introducing Dynamics NAV Into Your Business Operations
Microsoft Dynamics NAV is what’s known as a “universal Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution” that delivers small and midsize businesses superior control over their financials while simplifying their supply chain, manufacturing and operations.
Here’s what you need to know about Dynamics NAV in a nutshell: The solution unifies business applications and functions by offering a single platform that optimizes the day-to-day functioning of business through data, documents and devices with “role-tailored” business processing. What does this mean for you? No matter on premises or in the cloud, on a desktop or mobile device, you enjoy one exceptional and familiar user experience that automates and simplifies operations. We’ve seen Dynamics NAV implementations increase profits, enhance collaborative behaviors and create true experiences for customers.
As a complete solution that delivers the business management toolkit that enables growth, creates efficiencies and allows your team to achieve more, Dynamics NAV helps with:
- Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Operations – If you work in the warehousing/manufacturing sector, Dynamics NAV lets you track and manage your production, inventory, orders and vendors.
- Marketing, Sales and Service – Manage your campaigns, sales opportunities, contacts and service contracts.
- Project Management – Create estimates, track projects and manage capacity.
- Business Intelligence and Reporting – Get real-time visibility and analytics to track performance and to act with insight.
Wrapping It Up
When comparing Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics NAV for your business, it comes down to the platform implementation.
Dynamics NAV is built for on-premises deployment, and while it can be hosted in the cloud (as we also alluded to), it’s not really structured for true cloud deployment and can’t offer the same seamless experience as cloud-based software.
Dynamics 365 Business Central gives you all of Dynamics NAV’s capabilities, plus the benefits of a true cloud-based solution – with Business Central, you get goodies like easy 24/7 access anywhere from any device, real-time information flow, seamless upgrades, easy integration building via web APIs and reduced hardware costs.
If you prefer to host your software at your location, Dynamics NAV is still a great option, but if your strategy relies on moving your operations to cloud, Dynamics 365 Business Central may make more sense.
Contact an expert at DMS to learn more about implementing these awesome technologies at your company.