Companies engaged in discreet manufacturing or distribution need to take a closer look at the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central solution with its phenomenal combination of modern digital technologies. Beyond its streamlined interface, it integrates with the Microsoft software you likely already use, if you represent one of those aforementioned manufacturing or distribution companies.
But how can Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central solve supply chain management problems you may be encountering? First and foremost, the solution helps you to automate and secure your supply chain in a number of ways, including:
- Optimization of Inventory Levels – Built-in intelligence predicts when and what to replenish, so you purchase only what you need with dynamically updated inventory levels.
- Avoidance of Lost Sales and Reduced Shortages – Maintain the right amount of inventory by automatically calculating stock levels, lead times and reorder points; Business Central will even suggest substitutes when requested items are out of stock.
- Maximization of Profitability – Get recommendations on when to pay vendors, use vendor discounts or avoid overdue penalties while preventing unnecessary or fraudulent purchases through approval workflows.
Here’s the bottom line: With supply chain management being left to Dynamics 365 Business Central, mapping processes along the entire supply chain become highly efficient. What’s more, Business Central ensures smooth processes in purchasing, sales, manufacturing, logistics and warehousing, enabling you to use supply chain management protocols to adjust and control the workflows customized to specific requirements. The supply chain management functionality within Dynamics 365 Business Central can be configured flexibly and helps you integrate all business partners in the best possible way – imagine being able to reduce and optimize procurement, processing and delivery times via one simple solution.
That’s the reality of Business Central for supply chain management tasks.
SCM Functions in Dynamics 365 Business Central
In a nutshell, the following are the types of functions you can expect when using Dynamics 365 Business Central for supply chain management:
- Scheduling and purchasing
- Inventory and warehouse location management
- Picking, packing and shipping
- Item tracking including mobile data capture
- Warehouse evaluation and control
- Mapping different organization and warehouse structures
To Recap: Why Should You Use Business Central for Supply Chain Concerns?
Using built-in intelligence and Power BI dashboards, Business Central can maximize efficiency of your supply chain and even predict when and what to replenish, thus helping to optimize inventory levels. What’s more, the solution automatically calculates stock levels, lead times and reorder points to help you avoid lost sales and any over/under inventory levels.
If you are ready to experience an intuitive, premium approach to sales order management, basic receivables, purchase and order management, locations, item transfers and basic warehousing, you’re ready for Dynamics 365 Business Central.
DMS: Your Dynamics 365 Experts
As a Microsoft Gold certified partner solely focused on implementing, integrating, customizing and supporting Microsoft Dynamics implementations, DMS can help you with all things supply chain management…and how it can be improved with Business Central. Get in contact with one of our experts today to learn more.